Thursday, May 10, 2007

One essential thing - Ramana Maharshi

Sri Ramana Maharshi (1879 – 1950)
Sri Ramana Maharshi (1879 – 1950) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
To Maharshi Ramana there came a seeker who said, “I desire to live in solitude where I can find what I want, with ease, so that I may devote all my time to meditation. Is such a desire good or bad?”

The Maharishi answered, “What does it matter where and how you are placed? The essential point is that the mind must always remain in it’s source. There is nothing external which is not also internal. The mind is all, if the mind is active even the solitude becomes like a market place. There is no use closing your eyes. Close your mental eye and all will be right.

You might also like to watch and listen to this video from youtube called Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!